Wedding in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is one of the top Overseas Wedding destinations. Set for a traditional Sri Lankan wedding or for a simple ceremony on the beach. Diverse locations are available and choice is yours, Hill country locations amidst the Tea Plantation, Beach, Jungle and many more.....
The couple should be resident at the hotel at least 03 days prior to the day of the wedding. Ceremony will take place in the hotel premises and it will be conducted by the Master of Ceremonies at any day between 10.00a.m. and 6.00 p.m. except Public Holidays.
No individuals under the age of 21 years is permitted to marry in Sri Lanka according to rules and regulations of the Sri Lankan Government .
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED- 30 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
- Birth certificates of the couple.
- If divorced or widowed, relevant certificates
Photocopies of passports.
- An affidavit confirming marital status of bride and groom prior to the wedding. Should be signed by a Solicitor with company stamp.
- If names have been changed prior to the wedding, legal proof of change of name.
- A traditional decorated platform called "Poruwa" on which the ceremony will be conducted.
- Hire of the traditional Srilankan wedding dress for the Bride.
- Flower bouquet for the Bride and the boutinere/boutonniere for the Bridegroom.
- Floral decor for the ceremony area.
- Girls dressed in traditional costumes will sing "JayamangalaGatha" to bless the couple.
- Civil Celebrant and the “Kapumahattaya ” will bless the couple.
- Traditional Kandyan Drummers and dancers.
- Wedding cake -500gms edible.
- Wedding album consisting of 30 photographs -5"x 7".
- Sparkling wine to toast during ceremony.
- Free DVD system photo coverage of the whole ceremony.
- Sparkling Honeymoon brunch will be served in the room for the couple.
- Basket of fruits and flowers in the room occupied by the couple.
- 03 exotic menus to choose from, or you are welcome to dine at the main restaurant - bottle of House wine to be served during dinner on the wedding night. A table reservation will be made with the menu chosen and name cards of the couple placed on the table. Please speak to your Master of ceremonies on arrival.
- Your personalized Master of ceremonies will coordinate your ceremony.
- Extra copies of photographs (5"x 7") of the ceremony.
- A 15minute Elephant ride for a minimum of for the couple.
- Spa & Body massage.
- Tour of the hill country by car, accommodation in a colonial 04 star hotel for one night on Half board in a deluxe room.
- The marriage certificate with English translation will be delivered to the couple within 21 working days.